Many Pulsar devices with Wi-Fi capabilities have already been updated with the impressive ‘Image Detail Boost’ option this year. Pulsar just added Thermion XM and Axion XM30S to the list.
Let us remind ourselves as to what Image boost is. It is a unique technology enhancing visualisation of object details in observed scene. In other words, the image sharpness is significantly improved, allowing the user to easily identify the observed object. The technology is extremely useful in defining trophy game or observing small objects such as branches and wires.
The function can be turned on and off in the main menu of the unit. Apart from increasing the sharpness of the image, the new update also:
- Improves the video recording algorithm
- Enhances video stream stability when using the Stream Vision app
- Updates the battery discharge control algorithm (for Thermion XM riflescopes)
How to update firmware of the unit?
- Download the Stream Vision app from Google Play Market or Appstore
- Install the app on your smartphone
- Connect the phone to the thermal imaging unit via Wi-Fi
- Update the firmware
More information on how to update the unit can be found here: