Introduction of Sig Sauer BDX
Quite recently, Sig Sauer introduced something fresh – the Ballistic Data Xchange (BDX) technology. The feature looks quite promising, which is why we have decided to take a closer look at it.
Interested in Sig Sauer BDX?
The technology will be integrated into the KILO BDX rangefinders and SIERRA3 BDX riflescopes once they are launched on the market. BDX allows the user to exchange ballistic information wirelessly between the devices that have the feature. The system is designed so that it is intuitive and simple to use.
- First, the user has to download the „SIG BDX“ app that is available for Android and iOS smartphones.
- Once the app is on the phone, the KILO BDX rangefinder and the SIERRA3 BDX riflescope have to be paired.
- The user then proceeds with setting up the ballistic profile.
- Once that is done, the BDX technology can be used when hunting. The spotter, using the KILO BDX rangefinder, ranges the target. When the distance is displayed, the information will automatically be sent to the SIERRA3 BDX riflescope.
- With the help of the ballistic profile that the user created, an illuminated dot will appear on the reticle of the riflescope. A blue LED on top of the magnification ring of the riflescope will blink, signalizing that the BDX system has been successfully paired.
- The user simply aligns the illuminated dot with the target and shoots.
The advantage of the SIERRA3 BDX riflescopes is that they are not as bulky as standard riflescopes with the rangefinding ability. The only indicator of the integrated modern technology is the blinking LED on top of the magnification ring. Sig Sauer managed to preserve the traditional, elegant look. SIERRA3 BDX riflescopes also come at a much lower price than most rangefinding riflescopes. BDX is a system that takes both your ballistics and environmental conditions into account when displaying the holdover dot.
Sig Sauer's BDX technology is currently expected to be available on the following devices:
- Sig Sauer Sierra3 BDX Rifle Scopes
- Sig Sauer Sierra6 BDX Rifle Scopes
- Sig Sauer Kilo BDX Rangefinders
- Sig Sauer Kilo BDX Binoculars
BDX Rangefinders and Binoculars
- KILO1000 BDX
- KILO1400 BDX
- KILO1600 BDX
- KILO1800 BDX
- KILO2200 BDX
- KILO2400 BDX
- KILO3000 BDX Binocular
Want to know more about Sig Sauer KILO3000BDX?
BDX Rifle scope
Both rifle scopes and rangefineders and all electronic components will come with a 5-year warranty.
Devices with BDX also come with the KinETHIC feature which provides assistance when energy on target drops below a threshold. The threshold can be set in the BDX app. Sig Sauer added the feature to ensure an ethical hunt.
The prices of the products have not yet been unveiled. Sig Sauer claims that both the riflescopes and the rangefinders with BDX will be affordable. If that is so, the feature is sure to become popular. We are looking forward to testing it in practice.