The main operations are performed through the “ Button” (5 position button) .
Turn off the device after usage, otherwise you can permanently damage the batteries!
The status bar is located in the lower part of the display and shows informationon the actual operating status of the sight, including:
- Color palette C1~C6
- Current digital zoom magnification.
- Battery charge with current level in percent.
Power On / Off
Long Press Power button to power on /off the device.
Short Press Power button to make device StandBy, short press Power button again to be back to normal display
Wireless connection option(Wi-Fi) is linked with external appliance (PC,laptop,smartphone). Wi-Fi function is originally set to be Off. Long press Down buttons to turn on/off Wi-Fi . Wi-Fi operation is shown in the status bar, means Wi-Fi is Off, means Wi-Fi is On
Short press down button to do Non-Uniformity Calibration.
Long Press Up Button to enter main menu.
Basic image mode is “ White Hot ”. Short press Up botton to select palette from C1~C6.
Long Press Left Button to enter Rangefinder.
Short Press Left button to change image Brightness from 0~9.
Long Press Right button to Start / Stop Video Recording.
Short Press Right button to Take a Picture.
Merlin 35 are equipped with a stadiametric rangefinder which allows the user to estimate approximate distance to an object of known size.
You will see on the display: measurement bars, icons of three reference objects and respective distances for the three objects.
There are two pre-set reference objects:
- Wild boar-height : 1 m
- Deer-height :1.5m
The lower fixed bar under the object automatically appear on display, press the Up/Down buttons to move the upper horizontal bar until the object fits entirely between the two lines. The distance to the object is automatically recalculated as you move the upper line. Press middle button to exit rangefinder mode ,range information will not disappear from display automatically.
All Merlin 35 are adjusted on the laboratory test equipment with accuracy from 0.1 mrad to 0.3 mrad. The final accuracy depends on customer rifle scope, parallax of used rifle scope and shooting distance. Merlin 35 is preset on 350m .
Customer who would like to use device on the shorter distance could recognise deviation and eliminate it by software correction.
The manufacturing process of the NightSeers ensures the shooting precision tolerance within 3 to 7 cm at 100 m. To achieve better result accuracy, use Alignment Correction in main menu. (last icon) All NightSeers are preset in position X:0, Y:0.
Manual for electronic accuracy correction.
- Aiming your daytime scope to the middle of target and shoot. This is test process of control good daytime scope accuracy.
- Put Merlin 35 on the rifle scope using adapter. Aim to the thermal target and shoot again.
- Measure horizontal distance (x) and vertical distance (y) between shoot and aiming position from step 2).
- Long press up button to enter main menu, you will see Alignment Correction as the last icon of the menu. Short press up button to enter this sub-menu.
- By pressing Left or Right button to move between X, Y and EXIT. By pressing Up button to change positive value (X+, Y+), by pressing Down button to change negative value (X-, Y-).
- The setting is saved by pressing EXIT button Up or Down
- Control if the value is save correctly.
Press Up/Down to change your thermal imager to clip on mode.All menu is displayed in the central area of the image.The reason is the reduced field of view of the daysight by higher magnifications.Reaching a low battery state the device gives a warning in the top left corner of the central area.(M=Monocular C = Clip on.)
Press Up/Down buttons then close lens cover to repair defective pixel.Defective pixels are found by software algorithm.
Press Up/Down buttons to Restore Default Setting, there will be no further indication. The following settings will be restored to their original values before changes made by user :
- Image Brightness
- OLED Brightness
Turn the battery compartment knob counterclockwise until stop and remove it. Install two CR123A batteries in opposite polarity direction.
Turn the battery compartment knob clockwise until stop – the latches from both sides of the cover will pull out (see the drawing).
Replace the battery cover and press it until its clicking position - make sure the cover is closed on both sides.
|Technical Data Sheet of Merlin35 Clip On|
|NETD||Less then 50mk|
|Palette||10 optional(can be customized)|
|Start up time||less then 5 seconds|
|Start up image||Can be customized|
|Menu and infomation||GUI(Can be customized)|
|Contrast and Brightness||AGC|
|Online update||Both code and GUI resources|
|Reticle type||5 optional(Can be customized)|
|ballistic and zeroing||5 types can be created by user|
|Range finder||By Software|
|External Power Supply||5V micro USB|
|weight without battery||450g|
|Line-of-sight reception range, m||15|
For Wi-Fi use, download APP with the name "Cam802", it can be found in Apple and Android APP store:
- Enable Wi-Fi in your MERLIN Settings
- Connect your smart device with the Wi-Fi of the MERLIN-35 (Wi-Fi password is 12345678)
- Start your "Cam802" APP and push connect button
- Livestreaming should be visible now
- By pressing photo or video button data will be safed on your smart device