Never, under any circumstance, look directly at the Sun, another bright source of light or at a laser through this device, as this may cause PERMANENT RETINAL DAMAGE and may lead to BLINDNESS.
Levenhuk Spyglass SG2 spotting scope is designed to observe nature and weather, as well as moving and stable objects. Take the scope out of the box. Hold it with one hand on its lower part (1). Look into the eyepiece (4) at a far-away object (for example, a pole or a tree). If the
object you see is not focused, slowly extend or retract the upper part of the scope (3) to change focus until the object becomes sharp in the field of view. Depending on the distance to an object, you will have to adjust the focus from time to time.
Respect others’ privacy – be considerate of your neighbors and do not use the scope to look into other people’s homes, etc.
Care and maintenance
- Never, under any circumstance, look directly at the Sun, another bright source of light or at a laser through this device, as this may cause PERMANENT RETINAL DAMAGE and may lead to BLINDNESS.
- Take necessary precautions when using the device with children or others who have not read or who do not fully understood these instructions.
- Do not try to take the device apart on your own. For repairs of any kind, please contact your local specialized service center.
- Do not touch the optical surfaces with your fingers. You can use a soft napkin or a cleaning wipe, dipped in ether or absolute alcohol, to clean lenses. We recommend using special optics cleaning fluids from Levenhuk. Do not use any corrosive or acetone-based fluids to clean the optics.
- Abrasive particles, such as sand, should not be wiped off lenses, but instead blown off or brushed away with a soft brush.
- Do not apply excessive pressure when adjusting focus.
- Protect the device from sudden impacts and excessive mechanical force.
- Keep away from water and high humidity. Do not submerge.
- Store the device in a dry, cool place away from hazardous acids and other chemicals, away from heaters, open fire and other sources of high temperatures. Do not use the device for lengthy periods of time, or leave it unattended in direct sunlight.
- When bringing the device inside from the cold – or during any drastic change of temperature – put it in a case and allow it to adapt to the temperature of the environment. Always replace the dust cover after you are finished with observations to protect the device from dust and stains.
- Keep packaging materials away from children, to avoid risk of sufffocation.
Levenhuk International Lifetime Warranty
All Levenhuk telescopes, microscopes, binoculars and other optical products, except for accessories, carry a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Lifetime warranty is a guarantee on the lifetime of the product on the market. All Levenhuk accessories are
warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for six months from date of retail purchase. Levenhuk will repair or replace such product or part thereof which, upon inspection by Levenhuk, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship. As a condition to the obligation of Levenhuk to repair or replace such product, the product must be returned to Levenhuk together with proof of purchase satisfactory to Levenhuk.
This warranty does not cover consumable parts, such as bulbs (electrical, LED, halogen, energy-saving and other types of lamps), batteries (rechargeable and nonrechargeable), electrical consumables etc.