- Leupold BX-1 McKenzie 8×42
- Leupold BX-1 McKenzie 10×42
- Leupold BX-1 Rogue 8×25
- Leupold BX-1 Rogue 10×25
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 8×32
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 10×32
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 8×42
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 10×42
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 10×50
- Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 12×50
- Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD 15×56
- Leupold BX-1 McKenzie 10×50
- Leupold BX-1 McKenzie 12×50
- Leupold BX-2 Alpine 8×42
- Leupold BX-2 Alpine 10×42
- Leupold BX-2 Alpine 10×52
- Leupold BX-2 Alpine 12×52
- Leupold BX-T HD 10×42
- Leupold BX-T HD 10×42 Mil-L
- Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD 8×42
- Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD 10×42
- Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD 10×50
- Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD 12×50
PARTS OF THE BINOCULAR
We design, build, and test our binoculars with a single-minded focus: to make sure they’ll perform forever. You won’t outlast us. You can’t outperform us.
USING YOUR LEUPOLD BINOCULAR
Using your Leupold binocular is very simple. However, you must set them to match your eyesight before use. This is done by adjusting the interpupillary distance and focusing the binoculars to your own visual acuity.
ADJUSTING INTERPUPILLARY DISTANCE
The interpupillary distance is simply the distance between the pupils of your eyes. To ensure a clear, single image, the binocular must be set so that the center of each ocular lens is the same distance apart as your own pupils.
To set the interpupillary distance:
1. Hold the binocular up to your eyes in the normal manner
2. Look through the binocular with both eyes open.
3. Move the two barrels (halves) up or down until you see a single, circular image.
SETTING THE DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT
The diopter adjustment allows you to focus the binocular to your individual eyesight. This is important, as a properly focused binocular will prevent eye strain and provide you with a crisp, sharp image.
NOTE: The diopter adjustment on center focus models is located on the center focus dial. Models utilizing an eyepiece diopter design will have the diopter located on the right eyepiece.
TO SET THE DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT ON RIGHT EYEPIECE DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT MODELS:
1. View an object about 100 yards in the distance.
2. Cover the right objective lens with your hand.
3. Adjust the center focus wheel (located between the two barrels) until the image presented to your left eye is clear and sharp.
4. Cover the left objective lens with your hand.
5. Adjust the diopter adjustment dial located around the right barrel, near the eyepiece, until the image presented to your right eye is clear and sharp.
Your binocular is now focused for your eyesight. To make any adjustments in the field, simply turn the center focus dial while viewing through both barrels.
TO SET THE CENTER FOCUS DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT:
1. Find an object roughly 100 yards away.
2. Cover the right objective lens with your hand.
3. Adjust the center focus wheel until the image you’re looking at with your left eye is clear and sharp.
4. Switch and cover the left objective lens with your hand.
5. Pull up on the diopter adjustment dial located on top of the center focus wheel. The diopter wheel should now spin freely.
6. Rotate the center focus wheel until the image your’re looking at with your right eye is clear and sharp.
7. Push the locking diopter dial until it locks in place.
The binocular is now focused for your specific eyesight. You will need to use the center focus wheel when glassing in the field.
You can clean the fully armored body by simply wiping off any accumulated dirt or dust.
TO CLEAN LENSES
For optimal cleaning, use the Leupold Lens Cleaning System. Begin by using the brush to whisk away dust.
Then use the microfiber cleaning tip, which is impregnated with a special non-liquid cleaning compound, to clean the glass. If you don’t have a Leupold Lens Cleaning System, use a cotton swab, lens cloth, or lens brush and pure acetone, high-grade glass cleaner, or pure water to wipe the lens clean.
A NOTE FOR THOSE WHO WEAR EYEGLASSES
Leupold binoculars feature eyecups you can twist, or push up and down to accommodate the eye relief distance required when wearing eyeglasses.
THE LEUPOLD LIFETIME GUARANTEE
If your Leupold scope, sight, binocular or spotting scope doesn’t perform, we will repair or replace it for free, whether you’re the original owner or not – forever.
Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory, to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in-between, we won’t let you down.
For complete details visit leupold.com/warranty
Should service ever become necessary, this binocular is backed by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee. All service work is performed by the Leupold Product Service department in Beaverton, Oregon.
LEUPOLD PRODUCT SERVICE
If your Leupold binocular fails to perform in any way, you may return it directly to the Leupold factory for service. It is not necessary for your dealer to ship the binocular to Leupold; however, they can be very helpful in determining if factory service is necessary.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS:
Please take a few minutes to register your product at leupold.com/register
1. Include a note with your name, address, telephone number, e-mail, and a description of the problem.
2. Pack the binocular in its original box (if you have it) or another suitably strong shipping box.
3. Wrap the package securely using packing tape on the outside.
4. Ship the binocular by parcel or mail service (insured, if possible) to one of the following addresses in the United States:
BY PARCEL SERVICE:
Leupold Product Service
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, OR 97006-5791 USA
BY POSTAL SERVICE:
Leupold Product Service
P.O. Box 688
Beaverton, OR 97075-0688 USA
Product Service telephone number (800) LEUPOLD (538-7653). Or contact us at leupold.com.
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Canada: Korth Group Ltd., 64186-393 Loop East, Okotoks, AB T1S 0L1, Canada
Australia: Nioa, PO Box 191, Pinkenba, Qld 4008 Australia (for items originating from Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia and Japan)
South Africa: Formalito, 1019 Pretorius Ave., Lyttelton Manor, 0157, South Africa
LEUPOLD, GOLD RING, MARK 4, the Golden Ring design, the circle-L reticle logo design, and various other marks are registered trademarks of Leupold & Stevens, Inc. All marks, including corporate logos and emblems, are subject to Leupold’s rights and may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Leupold’s, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Leupold, or in a manner likely to cause confusion.
Certain other trademarks used in connection with Leupold products and services are the property of their respective owners, and are used with permission. THE BOONE & CROCKETT CLUB® and BOONE & CROCKETT® are registered trademarks of the Boone & Crockett Club. RMEF® and ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION® are registered trademarks of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Mossy Oak® Break-Up®, Mossy Oak® Break-Up® Country®, Mossy Oak® Break-Up® Infinity™, Mossy Oak® Mountain, Mossy Oak® Obsession®, and Mossy Oak® Treestand®, are trademarks or registered trademarks of HAAS Outdoors, Inc. A.R.M.S. ® is a registered trademark of Atlantic Research Marketing Systems, Inc. The ARD (antireflection device) is manufactured by Tenebraex a Division of Armament Technology Incorporated 110 Chain Lake Drive Unit 3E, Halifax NS Canada B3S 1A9
Cordura® is a registered trademark of INvista North America S.A.R.L. Freedom Arms® is a registered trademark of Freedom Arms, Inc. Horus® and Horus Vision® are registered trademarks of Horus Vision, LLC. Kryptek®, Kryptek® Highlander®, and Kryptek® Typhon™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Kryptek Outdoor Group, LLC. Magnum Research® is a registered trademark of Magnum Research, Inc. Ruger® is a registered trademark of Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Torx® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC. ZEMAX® is a registered trademark of Zemax, LLC. Zygo® is a registered trademark of Zygo Corporation.
For patent information, visit leupold.com/patents
Copyright © 2018 Leupold & Stevens, Inc. All rights reserved.