Thank you for purchasing your Kowa TSN-660 Series spotting scope.
Please take a few minutes to read the following instruction manual in order to better understand the operation, capabilities, care and maintenance of your spotting scope.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
1 Objective Lens
2 Focusing Knob
3 Trippod Mount
Main Body Specifications
|Effective Diameter of Objective Lens||66mm||66mm||66mm||66mm|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||6m||6m||6m||6m|
|Main Body Length||312mm||311m||312mm||311mm|
|Main Body Weight||1010g||990g||1040g||1020g|
＊72mm filter threads on the objective.
＊ Whenever possible use a tripod in order to prevent image blur due to vibration and etc.
＊ Specifications are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Eyepiece Mount Cap
- Objective Lens Cap
- Instruction Manual (this document)
Functions and Use
Slide the hood away from the body to protect the lens from exposure to rain or to keep direct sunlight from entering the spotting scope.
The filter threads in front of the objective lens allow various types of 72mm filters to be attached to the spotting scope.
Rotating Tripod Mount
The rotating tripod mount allows the spotting scope to be set at various angles while attached to the tripod. The body of the spotting scope can be turned by loosening the lock screw counterclockwise and rotating the scope to the desired position. (The rotation range of the spotting scope is 360°.)
Bayonet Eyepiece Mount
The bayonet mount with rubber O-ring seal assures easy and quick interchanging and protection against humidity and dust. To mount, fit the eyepiece to the body mount and turn to the end.
Dust Protection Glass
Protects the scope body from dust and moisture.
The aiming line is helpful for quick sighting when high magnification is used and the subject is small or indistinct.
One-Finger smooth and accurate focusing. Turn the focusing knob clockwise for farther focus and counterclockwise for close focus.
Minimum focusing distance is about 6m.
* Do not turn the focus knob beyond its turning range, as it will damage the focusing mechanism.
There is a protective ring that is attached to the accessory mount threads. This protective ring must be removed before attaching any accessories and can only be removed when an eyepiece is not attached to the spotting scope.
Able to set the scope on tripod even with the case on.
|Magnification||20∼60X ZOOM||30X WIDE||45X WIDE||25X LER|
|Real Field of View||1.9° ∼ 1-0°||2.4°||1.43°||2.1°|
|Field of View ar 1000m/yds||33.2 ∼ 17.5m/yds||41.9m/yds||25.0 m/yds||36.7 m/yds|
|Exit pupil||3.3 ∼ 1.1 mm||2.2mm||1.5 mm||2.6 mm|
|Relative Brightness||10.9 ∼ 1.2||4.8||2.3||6.8|
|Twilight Factor||36.3 ∼ 62.9||44.5||54.5||40.6|
|Eye Relief||16.5 ∼ 16.0 mm||20.0 mm||15.0 mm||32.0 mm|
Digital Camera Adapter
This adapter is used with compact digital cameras. To attach a camera to the spotting scope using the TSN-DA1, the Universal Camera Adapter or adapter ring is needed.
Please refer to the catalog or web site for more information.
＊Please refer to the catalog or web site for more information about other accessories.
＊Specifications are subject to change without any prior notice.
Maintenance and Storage
Care and cleaning of the lens
- Use a blower, can of air, or soft oil-free brush to remove dust from the lens surface.
- Fingerprints and other substances left on the lens surface can cause mold growth. After removing dust, lightly wipe the lens with a soft lens cloth, gauze, or cleaning paper (available at a camera shop) dampened with a small amount of lens cleaner. Wipe the lens surface gently in a circular motion, starting from the center and working out to the edge. If the lens surface is still dirty repeat the process again, using a new piece of cleaning paper or an unused portion of the cloth. After this, use the moisture from your breath to fog the lens and wipe it clean, using a new piece of cleaning paper or cloth.
- A commercial lens cleaner can leave behind a film on the lens surface so use as small a quantity as possible.
How to clean the body
- Remove dust and debris with a blower or can of air and wipe with a clean soft cloth. Do not use solvents such as acetone, benzene, paint thinner, or products that contain these solvents to clean the body. These products can discolor or deform the outer surface of the body.
- Carefully brush dirt and debris from the focus knob, sliding hood, and other moving parts.
- Storing the spotting scope without cleaning can leave stains on the surface and promote mold growth. Cleaning is especially important after using the spotting scope in dusty or humid conditions, or after use in the rain or near the coast.
- After cleaning, allow the spotting scope to dry thoroughly indoors at room temperature, replace all lens caps, and then store the spotting scope in a dry place. Place the spotting scope in an airtight container together with desiccant when storing for extended periods of time.
- Never look at the sun. Severe eye damage could occur up to the permanent loss of eyesight.
- Make sure that small pieces and packaging such as eyepiece caps, covers, plastic bags etc. are out of the reach of children. If such an item is swallowed, serious injury, suffocation, or death could occur.
- Set the spotting scope correctly, otherwise it may fall, causing damage or injury.
- Do not place the spotting scope in an unstable location. If it falls or tips over, injury may occur.
- Do not leave the product in direct sunlight. Fire may occur.
- Do not leave the product near open flames, inside a car, or in any place where extreme temperatures may occur. This can cause optical damage and lead to the failure of waterproofing.
- Skin inflammation or irritation may occur by long term contact with rubber parts. If such a condition occurs, consult a physician.
- When using the spotting scope in an urban setting, make sure that you do not disturb the privacy of others.
- This product is waterproof which allows for use in the rain. However, immersion in water and use of the focus knob when wet should be avoided whenever possible.
- Do not attempt to repair or open up the spotting scope body. This will void the warranty.
Inquiry about repair
If there is a need to return your scope to the manufacturer for repair or maintenance, please contact Kowa's distributor.
*Kowa is not responsible for any damage caused by mishandling and or natural disasters such as, fire, earthquakes, floods, etc.
*Kowa is not responsible for any damage caused by an unauthorized service center.