1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1 SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
The LS117 is a Class II/IIIa laser device for civil use that features a Visible Laser Pointer for daylight (LS117R/G) or Infrared Laser Pointer for night (LS117IR). The LS117 emits the highly collimated laser for precise aiming and can be weapon mounted via the Quick Release Mount.
1.2 COMPONENT DESCRIPTION
|1||Laser and Lens Cover||6||Remote Switch Connector|
|2||Battery Cap||7||QR Lever|
|3||Bolt||8||QR Lever Lock|
|4||Elevation Adjustment||9||IR Pointer Indicator|
|5||Windage Adjustment||10||Mode selector|
The LS117 laser includes the following items:
- LS117 Laser Sight
- 1*AA Battery LS117R LS117IR or 2*CR2 Battery ( / ) ( ) LS117G
- User manual
- Torx tool
- The green laser is a direct green laser that is more energysaving, brighter, more stable than DPSS laser.
- The LS117 features the low-battery indicator and IR Pointer indicator.
- Quick Release Mount and additional Picatinny rail.
- Waterproof Remote cable switch.
- Aluminum housing with Microarc oxidation finish.
|Operating Temperature||-40 ~51 ℃ ℃|
|Storage Temperature||-40 ~65 ℃ ℃|
|Color housing||Desert Sand/ Matte Black|
|Width × height:mm||46×36|
4. OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
4.1 SAFTY SUMMARY
WARNING - LASER RADIATION
- DO NOT expose the laser to eyes
- DO NOT look into the laser beam through binoculars or telescopes.
- DO NOT point the laser beam at mirror-like surfaces.
- DO NOT shine the laser beam into other being’s eyes.
- DO NOT store this device with battery installed.
- Ensure the Mode Selector is OFF before checking the Lens.
- Identify risk of damage to the equipment before use.
- DO NOT over-adjust the W&E adjuster by forcing them beyond their mechanical limit.
4.2 BATTERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Unscrew the battery cap in a CCW direction. Remove and properly discard the used battery.
2) Inspect the battery compartment for dirt, moisture and corrosion, and then clean the battery compartment if needed.
3) Inspect the O-ring seal on the battery cap to make sure that it is free of sand and dirt particles and that it has not been damaged.
4) Install the battery in a direction marked on the nearby housing and then screw the battery cap in a CW direction.LOW BATTERY INDICATOR:When the sight is switched on either model V or mode IR, the flickering Visible Pointer or the IR Pointer Indicator represents the low battery situation.4.3 MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONThe repeatability accuracy is less than 2 MOA.
1) Use T10 tool to loosen the mount of LS117 in order to install the Ls117onto the rail.
2) Open the QR lever and then attach the LS117 from the left side onto the picatinny rail.
3) Lock the QR lever and use a T10 driver to adjust the tightness.
1) Open the QR Lever and then attach the LS117 on the pica tinny rail.
2) Latch the QD lever into the lock.
4.4 Mode Switch Instruction:
The LS117 has 3 modes. Make sure the mode selector fully engages the selected mode and is not in between modes. The IR indicator will activate when the IR pointer is on.
Mode OFF: Visible Pointer or IR Pointer will be OFF.
Mode ON: The Visible Pointer or IR Pointer will be always ON.
Mode REMOTE: Select this mode to activate the LS117 using the included remote pressure switch.
REMOTE PRESSURE SWITCH
Firmly insert the male connector of the remote pressure switch into the female port near the mode selector on the LS117.
Activate the LS117 with the remote pressure switch by pressing the pressure switch firmly. Activation is momentary only.
4.5 WINDAGE & ELEVATION ADJUSTMENT: The windage and elevation adjustment range is ±50MOA.
ADJUSTMENT: Use a flat driver or coin to rotate the adjustment as needed according to the instruction table above.
The LS117 is rugged, compact laser device that is designed to operate in severe environments. The exterior housing is made of aircraft grade aluminum and the other components are made of chemically resistant materials that will not be harmed by chemicals normally encountered during military operation. Operator maintenance is limited to the inspection and cleaning of the LS117 external surfaces, replacement of battery before each mission and removal of the battery after each mission.
Holosun will furnish its standard form LIMITED WARRANTY in favor of its customers and the first end users of its products. The LS117 has a one year limited warranty on parts and workmanship from the date of purchase. The warranty is void if the serial number or the manufacturer's labels affixed to the product has been removed or if the product has been misused, modified, neglected or has been disassembled prior to return to manufacturer. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Holosun' election to repair or replace the device shall constitute the purchaser's sole remedy in the event of a defect.
7. NON-WARRANTY INFORMATION
Non-warranty repairs are subject to an evaluation fee. LS117 units that are not covered by the warranty will be tested and evaluated for failure. Customer permission and payment terms will be obtained prior to perform any repairs.
8. RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
- For service, repair or replacement email:email@example.com, call 909-594-2888
- Please provide the following information to assist technician to determine if the item is repairable:
1) Serial Number of the defective item.
2) Thorough description of the malfunction, defect or damage
3) An explanation as to how the malfunction, defect or damage occurred, if known. (NOTE: If the technician determines that the item is under warranty or should be returned for repair, a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number will be provided.)
- LS117 should be followed to prevent any additional damage:
1) Be sure that the is free of all contaminants such as dirt or any other foreign material.
2) Remove the battery.
3) Place the Exit Port Covers over each of the lenses.
4) Place the LS117 in the Shipping Case or Carrying Case if available. If the Shipping Case is not available, individually package each LS117 unit being returned in a suitable container.
Place the LS117 and a copy of the test report or detailed description of the failure in a suitable packing/shipping container. Mark the package with the RMA number. Ship the fastest, traceable, Please refer to www.holosun.com for current and complete warranty information.