1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1 SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
The LE221-GR/RD LOW is a Class llla laser device for civil use that features a Visible Laser Pointer for daylight or low light operations and an IR Laser Pointer for use with a NVD. The LE221-GR/D LOW emits the highly collimated Visible Pointer and IR Pointer for precise aiming and can be used as either a
handheld pointer or weapon mounted via the Quick Release Mount. The Visible Pointer and IR Pointer are co-aligned.
1.2 COMPONENT DESCRIPTION
|1||Visible Laser||6||QR Lever||11||Cable Switch|
|2||IR Laser||7||Handle Lock||12||Mode Selector|
|3||Lens Cover||8||Bolt||13||IP Pointer Indicator|
|4||Magnetic Steel||9||Windage Adjuster||14||Fire Switch|
The package should contain the following items:
- LE221-GR/RD LOW Lasers Sight
- lens doth
- 1*CR123A Battery
- The Visible Pointer and IR Pointer are co-aligned so that the user could adjust the two pointers simultaneously via same adjuster.
- The green laser is direct green laser that is more energy-saving, brighter, more stable than DPSS laser.
- The LE221-GR/RD LOW features the low-battery indicator and IR Pointer indicator.
- Quick Release Mount and additional Pica-tinny rail.
- Waterproofed Remote cable switch.
|Operating Temperature||-40℃ ~51 ℃|
|Storage Temperature||-40℃ ~65 ℃|
|Color housing||Desert Sand/ Matte Black|
|Width × height:mm||49×33|
|Parameter||LE221-GR LOW||LR221-RD LOW|
4. OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
4.1 SAFTY SUMMARY
WARNING - LASER RADIATION
- DO NOT stare into laser beams.
- DO NOT look into the laser beam through binoculars or telescopes.
- DO NOT point the laser beam at mirror-like surfaces.
- DO NOT shine the laser beam into other body’s eyes.
- DO NOT store this device with battery installed.
- Ensure the Mode Selector is OFF before checking the Lens.
- Identifies risk of damage to the equipment.
- All the directions are given from the shooter´s viewpoint.
- DO NOT over adjust the W&E adjuster by forcing them beyond their end of travel.
4.2 BATTERY INSTALLATION
1) Unscrew the battery cap in a CCW direction. Remove and properly discard the used battery.
2) Inspect the battery compartment for dirt, moisture and corrosion, and then clean the battery compartment if needed.
3) Inspect the O-ring seal on the battery cap to make sure that it is free of sand and dirt particles and that it has not been damaged.
4) Install the battery in a direction marked on the nearby housing and then screw the battery cap in a CW direction.
LOW BATTERY INDICATOR:
When the sight is switch on either model V or mode IR, the flickering Visible Pointer or the IR Pointer Indicator represents the low battery situation.
4.3 MOUNTING INSTRUCTION
The repeatability accuracy is less than 2 MOA
1) Use screwdriver to loose the mount of LE221-GP/RD LOW in order to install the LE221- GR/RD LOW on the rail.
2) Open the handle lock and then load the LE221-GR/RD LOW on the leftward pica tinny rail.
3) Latch the handle lock and use mscrewdriver to adjust the tightness.
1) Open the handle lock and then load the LE221-GR/RD LOW on the pica tinny rail.
2) Latch the handle lock.
4.4 MODE SELECTOR
The LE221-GR/RD LOW has 5 modes and is set at mode OFF. Please make sure the mode selector is at one of 5 modes and do not locate the mode selector at any position among modes.
|VR||Low Power Green/Red Laser Pointer will be on when PRESS Fire Switch|
|IRL||Low Power IR Pointer will be on when PRESS Fire Switch|
|OFF||No laser will be on when PRESS Fire Switch|
|IRH||High Power IR Pointer will be on when PRESS Fire Switch|
|VH||High Power Green/Red Laser Pointer will be on when PRESS Fire Switch|
4.5 SWITCH INSTRUCTION
*IR Pointer indicator: The IR Pointer Indicator the IR indicator will be active if the IR pointer is on.
After choose the output laser via Mode Selector Switch, uncover the lens cover. Both Switch Button and Remote Cable Switch can be used to activate the laser under the chosen mode.
4.5.1 SWITCH BUTTON
1) Momentary On Mode: Single press the core of Switch Button and hold it. The laser will be activated and last until the Switch Button was released.
2) Continuous On Mode: Double press the Switch Button without holding, the laser will be activated and last 5 minutes and then automatically turn off. The user also can press Switch Button once to turn off the unit manually.
4.5.2 REMOTE CABLE SWITCH
Insert the plug of Remote Cable Switch into the socket after matching the interfaces of plug and socket.
1) Momentary On Mode: Single press button of Remote Cable Switch and hold it. The laser will be activated and last until the Switch Button was released.
2) Continuous On Mode: Double press the button without holding, the laser will be activated and last 5 minutes and then automatically turn off. The user also can press Switch Button once to turn off the unit manually.
4.6 WINDAGE & ELEVATION ADJUSTMENT
The windage and elevation adjustment range is +50MOA.
ADJUSTMENT: Use wrench or a coin to rotate the adjuster as needed according to the instruction table above.
The LE221-GR/RD LOW is rugged, compact laser device that is designed to operate in severe environments. The exterior housing is made of aircraft grade aluminum and the other components are made of chemically resistant materials that will not be harmed by chemicals normally encountered during military operation. Operator maintenance is limited to the inspection and cleaning of the LE221-GR/RD LOW external surfaces, replacement of battery before each mission and removal of the battery after each mission.
Holosun will furnish its standard form LIMITED WARRANTY in favor of its customers and the first end users of its products. The LE221-GR/RD LOW has a one year limited warranty on parts and workmanship from the date of purchase. The warranty is void if the serial number or the manufacturer's labels affixed to the product has been removed or if the product has been misused, modified, neglected or has been disassembled prior to return to manufacturer. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Holosun' election to repair or replace the device shall constitute the purchaser's sole remedy in the event of a defect.
7. NON-WARRANTY INFORMATION
Non-warranty repairs are subject to an evaluation fee. LE221-GR/RD LOW units that are not covered by the warranty will be tested and evaluated for failure. Customer permission and payment terms will be obtained prior to perform any repairs.
8. RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
- For service, repair or replacement email:firstname.lastname@example.org, call 909-594-2888
- Please provide the following information to assist technician to determine if the item is repairable:
1) Serial Number of the defective item.
2) Thorough description of the malfunction, defect or damage
3) An explanation as to how the malfunction, defect or damage occurred, if known. (NOTE: If the technician determines that the item is under warranty or should be returned for repair, a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number will be provided.)
- LE221-GR/RD LOW should be followed to prevent any additional damage:
1) Be sure that the is free of all contaminants such as dirt or any other foreign material.
2) Remove the battery.
3) Place the Exit Port Covers over each of the lenses.
4) Place the LE221-GR/RD LOW in the Shipping Case or Carrying Case if available. If the Shipping Case is not available, individually package each LE221-GR/RD LOW unit being returned in a suitable container.
Place the LE221-GR/RD LOW and a copy of the test report or detailed description of the failure in a suitable packing/shipping container. Mark the package with the RMA number. Ship the fastest, traceable. Please refer to www.holosun.com for current and complete warranty information.