Vudu 2.5-10x Riflescope Features
At EOTech, our riflescopes are engineered and constructed to meet the rugged demands of the serious precision shooter. The Vudu 2.5-10x is the perfect medium range optic that provides just the right combination of speed and accuracy. When precision, durability and image clarity matter most for your mid-range engagements, the Vudu 2.5-10x is the ideal option.
Variable Power Magnification Adjustment
The EOTech Vudu 2.5-10x uses a single construction eyepiece for exceptionally fast and easy adjustments. To change the magnification, simply turn the magnification eyepiece to the desired level.
Reticle Focus Adjustment
The Vudu 2.5-10x riflescope uses an eyepiece focus ring that is designed to quickly adjust the focus of the riflescopes reticle.
To adjust the reticle focus, look through the riflescope at a solid background color. A solid white wall or clear sky make for good backdrops. Rotate the eyepiece focus dial clockwise or counterclockwise until the reticle image is as crisp as possible for the shooter.
Once the focus adjustment is complete, it is not necessary to re-focus every time the riflescope is used. However, it is a good idea to occasionally re-check this adjustment.
The Vudu 2.5-10x riflescope uses an illuminated reticle to assist the shooter in low light conditions. The illumination is controlled by a set of push buttons located on the left side of the riflescope main body. They provide 10 levels of operator controlled brightness settings.
The illumination is designed to turn-on at the same setting where it was turned off. This allows the shooter to quickly return to a favored brightness setting with just a single button push.
In addition to the on/off button, the illumination can also be turned on using the up/down buttons. Only the on/off button will turn the illumination off.
The Vudu 2.5-10x also contains an auto-shutdown feature that will automatically turn the illumination off after approximately two hours of inactivity (no button pushes). This preserves battery life and eliminates the chance of accidentally leaving the illumination on.
To change the battery, unscrew the outer cap (no tool necessary). Remove the battery and replace with a new CR2032 battery. The battery should be inserted with the positive side facing outward.
Elevation and Windage Adjustments
The Vudu 2.5-10x riflescope contains precision tool-less adjustable elevation and windage turret dials for zeroing your rifle. The adjustments contain an audible click with a distinctive tactile feel to assist the shooter in making the proper Point-ofImpact (POI) correction. The turrets are clearly marked with the appropriate correction in either MOA or MRAD depending on your particular model.
Elevation: Adjustments in the counterclockwise direction will move the POI up. Adjustments in the clockwise direction will move the POI down.
Windage: Adjustments in the counterclockwise direction will move the POI right. Adjustments in the clockwise direction wll move the POI left.
Elevation and Windage Adjustments (cont.)
The Vudu 2.5-10x riflescope turrets use clicks calibrated for either milliradian (MRAD) or minutes of angle (MOA) depending on the reticle selection for your particular model.
Each click of the turret will adjust the POI as follows:
- Equals 1cm at 100 meters [0.36 inches at 100 yards]
- Equals 2cm at 200 meters [0.72 inches at 200 yards]
- Equals 4cm at 400 meters [1.44 inches at 400 yards]
- Equals 6cm at 600 meters [2.16 inches at 600 yards]
Example: At 400 meters, 5 clicks will move the POI 20cm
- Equals 0.26 inches at 100 yards
- Equals 0.52 inches at 200 yards
- Equals 1.04 inches at 400 yards
- Equals 1.56 inches at 600 yards
Example: At 200 yards, 4 clicks will move the POI 2.08 inches
Re-Indexing the Turret Dials
After successfully zeroing your rifle, the indicator numbers located around the perimeter of the turrets will likely be set on a number other than 0. You can quickly and easily re-index this scale back to 0. Although not necessary, it is recommended that you perform this step as it will allow you to quickly return back to your zero at any time without needing to remember the numeric turret location.
To re-index the turret scale back to 0, perform the following steps:
- Zero your rifle.
- Unload and clear your rifle.
- While holding onto the elevation turret dial to prevent it from turning, loosen the turret cap higlighted in the image below.
- Remove the turret cap.
Re-Indexing the Turret Dials (Cont.)
5. Pulling straight out, remove the turret dial from the riflescope.
6. The turret dial contains an o-ring seal to prevent moisture from entering the turret assembly. After removal, keep the turret dial facing upwards to prevent the o-ring from falling out.
7. Align the ‘0’ marking on the turret dial with the vertical alignment marking on the riflescope body and gently reinsert the dial back onto the turret assembly.
8. Tighten the turret cap back onto the dial while holding the dial with your other hand to prevent rotation.
9. Repeat the same procedure on the windage dial.
Your riflescope is now set to ‘0’. Should you need to make any turret adjustments to correct for distance or wind, you can quickly return back to this original zero setting. It also serves as a quick visual aid to verify that your turrets have not been inadvertently moved.
EZ Chek zero stop
The Vudu 2.5-10x includes EOTech’s EZ Chek Tactical turrets that allow the user to set their turrets so they will hard stop at their zeroed location. To set your EZ Chek zero stop, perform the following steps:
- Perform steps 1-6 from the previous section on re-indexing the turret dials.
- Loosen the three set screws on the EZ Chek ring with a 1.5mm allen wrench. The ring will now be free to slide up and down the turret assembly.
- Locate the small pin on the underside of the ring and position it to the right of the pin on the turret assembly. If you wish to set your scope so you can go a bit beyond zero, leave a space between the pins of about ¼”.
- Tighten the (3) set screws on the EZ Chek ring.
- Perform steps 7-8 from the previous section on re-indexing the turret dials.
To obtain the optimal performance from your EOTech riflescope, proper mounting is required. Although not overly difficult, if you are unsure of your scope mounting abilities, the use of a qualified gunsmith is recommended. Only mount your riflescope on a cleared and empty rifle while always observing safe gun handling.
Following the manufacturer’s installation instructions, attach high quality ring mounts to your firearm. The Vudu 2.5-10x riflescope requires 30mm rings.
Different firearms will require specific ring heights. Always attempt to use the lowest rings possible to keep the center line of the riflescope as close to the barrel as possible. If you are unsure, consult the ring mount manufacturer for recommendations.
Note: AR-style rifles will typically require a cantilevered mount with extra-high ring height such as the EOTech MN2015 30mm cantilever mount shown below.
Before fully tightening the ring screws, adjust the position of the riflescope for optimum eye relief. Proper eye relief will make for a more comfortable shooting position and help prevent injury from recoil.
To adjust for eye relief:
- Place the scope as far forward in the mounting rings as possible.
- While holding the rifle in a normal shooting position, slowly move the riflescope towards your eye until you have a full field of view. For the Vudu 2.5-10x, this will be approximately between 3-1/2 and 4 inches. Keep the riflescope in this position.
- Rotate the riflescope so that the elevation dial is at the top.
- Ensure that the vertical crosshair of the riflescope aligns with the vertical axis of the rifle.
Note: The use of a leveling tool or set of feeler gauges placed between the mount and the flat bottom of the riflescope can assist in this step.
- After aligning the reticle, tighten and torque the ring screws down to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
Quick Throw Lever
A quick throw lever is supplied with your Vudu riflescope. It is designed to allow for rapid magnification changes. You can install the throw lever by screwing it into the threaded hole on the eye-piece. The lever should be installed finger tight. A drop of medium loctite on the threads will help prevent the lever from backing out under recoil. Should you wish to remove the throw lever, store it in a secure place for future use.
Bore sighting of the riflescope saves time and ammunition at the range. This can be done using a laser bore sighter per the manufacturer’s instructions or by removing the bolt on a bolt action rifle and visually sighting through the barrel. To visually bore sight your riflescope:
- Remove the rifle’s bolt and place the rifle on a stable platform.
- Look through the barrel at a target approximately 100 yards away.
- With the target in the center of the barrel, make elevation and windage adjustments until the reticle crosshair of the riflescope is also centered on the target.
- The riflescope is now bore-sighted. Move on to range sightin to confirm and fine tune your zero.
Live Fire Range Sight-In
- Using the same ammunition that you plan to shoot or hunt with, fire a 3-shot group at your preferred zero distance. (Consult your EOTech reticle manual for recommended zeroing distances)
- Keeping the gun barrel steady, adjust your windage and elevation so that the reticle aligns with the approximate center of the 3-shot group.
- Fire another 3-shot group to see if it now groups on the center of the bullseye.
- Repeat this process as many times as necessary to achieve a perfect zero.
- The Vudu riflescope lenses are coated with an anti-reflective material. When cleaning the glass surfaces, first blow or brush away any dirt and dust. Fingerprints and water spots can be wiped off with lens tissue or a soft cotton cloth, moistened with lens cleaning fluid. Never clean the glass surfaces with a dry cloth or paper towel. Always dampen the glass surfaces prior to cleaning.
- No maintenance is needed on the exterior surfaces of the riflescope except to occasionally wipe off with a soft cloth. A mild water-based cleaner is all that is required.
- All moving parts of the riflescope are permanently lubricated. Do not try to lubricate them.
- Other than the turret caps and quick throw lever, do not attempt to disassemble any component of the riflescope. Disassembly will void the warranty.
EOTech reserves the right to change the product specifications at any time without notice. All brand names and product names referenced are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.
Specifications provided in this user manual are nominal values only. Tolerance ranges consistent with industry best practices apply.
The EOTech Advantage Warranty
Thank you for choosing EOTech for your new Vudu riflescope purchase. We understand your passion for the sport and your reliance on products that will provide years of dependable use. Should you experience a problem with your new Vudu riflescope, we will do the following to make it right for you.
With this limited lifetime EOTech Advantage Warranty, we warrant that the manufacture and use of your Vudu riflescope will be free of defects in materials and workmanship, regardless of whether you are the original owner. Should your Vudu riflescope ever experience any defects in materials or workmanship, we will repair or replace it, as determined by EOTech, with a comparable product, free of charge (except for electronic components of an illuminated riflescope, which are addressed below). We do this because we want you to be as confident in your purchase as we are in the quality of our product.
The electronic components of a Vudu illuminated riflescope have a full two year warranty from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required). If, during the two year warranty period, these components are found to have any defects in materials or workmanship, EOTech will repair or replace it, as determined by EOTech, with a comparable product, free of charge.
This warranty does not apply to the following:
- Theft, loss, neglect, or vandalism.
- Abuse, misuse, improper installation and modification, alterations, abnormal use, or accidents.
- Cosmetic damage that does not affect the product’s use, operation or performance, as determined by EOTech.
- Any defect or damage caused by repairs or services not performed by EOTech.
- EOTech products not in the Vudu line of riflescopes.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF EOTECH WITH RESPECT TO VUDU RIFLESCOPES COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. EOTECH SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES.